Insulating your home helps to keep cold air out and warm air in so you can have a comfortable living environment. It also helps to conserve energy and lower energy bills because furnaces and air conditioners are not used as often. However, there are instances that one may require to remove their existing insulation while others are installing.
Reasons to remove insulation
- Water damage. If the attic or crawl space suffered water damage after a storm or a flood, it is important to have attic insulation removal performed immediately. Wet insulation is not only inefficient but it will also encourage mold and mildew causing health issues.
- Old age. Over the years, insulation has been improved by leaps and bounds. If your insulation was installed centuries ago, it is likely that it is not as efficient as today’s version. You can remove the old insulation in order to clean up the spaces and install a new more efficient insulation with a higher R-Value.
- Rodent infestation. Rats, mice, and raccoons can wreak havoc to your insulation by urinating and chewing through the material. If the insulation is too damaged or contaminated, it is wise to remove it, get rid of the pests and install a new one for health reasons.
Factors to consider before removing insulation
- Type of insulation. The attic insulation removal process is highly determined by the type of insulation you have because some are easy to remove and others are not. If you have foam boards on top of the walls or floors or the blanket type of insulation, you can remove them manually without hiring someone or equipment. However, if you have spray foam or blown-In insulation, you may need a vacuum for the attic insulation removal process.
- Before starting an attic insulation removal, you must be sure that it is not contaminated or dangerous to your health. You can buy a home test kit to check for asbestos and other bacteria or hire a professional to deal with the contamination first.
Why hire professionals for attic insulation removal
The economical thing to do is to remove the insulation on your own, after all, how hard can it be? While that may be true, hiring a professional to do the job for you comes with a plethora of advantages.
- For one, the attic insulation removal company knows how to safely dispose the insulation after removal.
- Proper equipment. Professionals also have all the necessary equipment to remove all the insulation from your house even in those hard to reach places that can’t be accessed. They also come dressed in the right protective gear including masks so they are not exposed to the contaminants.
- If the insulation is contaminated, it will be risky and even dangerous if it is blown into the rest of the house. Professionals provide attic insulation removal safely ensuring that the particles will not be blown into the air or the house.
- After performing an attic insulation removal, professionals are able to assess the area and determine how much insulation will be enough to replace the old one and what type is best suited for every space. They will also conduct an energy inspection and tell you how much R-Value you require.
Attic Projects Company Is Here For Your Attic Needs
Removing insulation may seem like an easy job but in actual fact it is not; a lot of tactic, equipment and safety measures are required to do a thorough job. Hiring the right insulation removal company is the only way to ensure your attic walls and floors are once again in a good condition. Choose a company that is experienced in insulation removal and installation and also one that will offer you other services like cleanup, rodent removal and repairs.
Contact Us For a FREE Estimate
Fill out the form below to hear from one of our insulation removal specialists!
ROC License #1035247
100% Privacy Guaranteed