When a person thinks of the most vital components of their home, usually the first images that come to mind are the furnace, windows, roof, and insulation. But there is an underappreciated element of your home that should not be neglected, as it contributes to one of the most vital components to life: air quality.
Over time, a home will collect, dirt, dust, and other debris which can be harmful to you and your family to breathe in. So, how often should you have your system checked by air duct specialists?
How Often Should Air Ducts Get Checked?
According to The National Air Duct Cleaners Association, it is recommended that homeowners have air ducts cleaned approximately every three to five years. However, it is essential to note that this number can vary based on a variety of factors, including:
- What particular part of the country do you live in?
- How many people live in your house?
- How often your system is used?
- If anyone in your household has severe allergies or asthma.
As with any general maintenance issue, the frequency for which you will require the services of an attic duct specialist will depend upon your particular circumstances and especially if you are particularly sensitive to dust and other contaminants.
In some cases, it may even be necessary to have air ducts replaced. From long-term wear and tear or previous poor-work, an air duct specialist will check over your HVAC system for leaks and other damage.
Warning Signs of a Leaky or Inefficient Air Duct System
Attic duct service is not something you should overlook as a homeowner. If your home feels stuffy, or if you notice climbing utility bills, it's time to consider what's going on inside your home's HVAC system.
Attic Duct Service: What Professionals Look For?
- Clogged up dirt, dust, and mold
- Damaged or moldy parts that require replacement
- Leaks and broken insulation
Why Seal Air Duct Leaks?
- First, air ducts are a common area where a vermin infestation can occur, which can create dangerous levels of rodent fecal matter in the environment.
- Second, wasting energy cooling and heating rooms ineffectively or unevenly can lead to expensive utility bills.
- Leaky air ducts can cause potential straining on heating and air conditioning equipment, eventually leading to mechanical breakdowns and expensive repairs.
Contact Our Air Duct Professionals in Southern California
If you notice your interior air quality has reduced significantly, contact Attic Projects' Air Duct Specialists for a free custom estimate. Our professional air duct repair and replacement services can provide sustainable, cost-efficient solutions to give you the peace of mind you need.